What Materials Do I Need?
- PPC SUREBUILD Cement 42,5 N is ideal for small scale cement brick/block manufacture. PPC SUREBUILD 42,5 N complies with SANS 50197-1. PPC SUREBUILD Cement 42,5 N with extra strength makes more concrete than regular general purpose cements.
- Clean river sand.
- Clean water – if you can drink it, it is suitable for brick/block making.
What Mix Proportions Should I Use?
When making cement bricks , begin by determining what mix to use:
- Start by using Mix 2 (see image below).
- After 7 days test for strength.
- If greater strength is required, use Mix 1.
How Do I Mix Brick/Block Making Materials?
- Sieve out lumps, stones, twigs or foreign objects from the sand.
- Working with full wheelbarrows level to the top edges, lay the sand in a long, thin heap on a flat, clean, hard surface such as a metal sheet or a concrete slab.
more about brick making topics, including how to start a business
Subscribe. We will sent you email notifications