Auto glass installers replace or repair vehicle windshields that have been damaged in an accident or by debris. What do you have to do, to start an Auto Glass Installation Business in South Africa?
1. Learn Installation Skills
Develop the skills needed to install replacement windshields or repair damage to existing windshields by taking a course offered by a local technical college or windshield-supply company. Below you will find a list of companies that offers Auto Glass Installation training:
Autoscreenz™ Certificate Course Name
- Windscreen Chip Repair Training (Basic Theory Course) – R950,00
- Windscreen Replacement Theory Course – R2 499,00
- Windscreen Chip Repair and Headlight Restoration Course – R3 899,00
- Headlight Restoration Repair Training (Basic Theory Course) – R950,00
- Windscreen Replacement Course Theory and Practical + Tool Kit and Consumables including Chip Repair Tools and training – R27 500,00
- Windscreen Chip Repair Practical Training Course – R1 999,00
- Windscreen Replacement Course Theory and Practical + Tool Kit and Consumables, – R19 500,00
- Headlight Restoration Practical Training Course – R1 999,00
- Windscreen Replacement Course Theory and Practical – R9 950,00
- Windscreen Chip and Crack repair course + TOOLKIT and consumables – R8 495,00
- Headlight Restoration training course + TOOLKIT and consumables – R6 495,00
2. kling shield
You need Tools to carry out repairs and replacements, as well as a list of companies that can supply replacement windshields for different vehicle models.
List of tools suppliers in south africa
Euro Clips (Pty) Ltd
Address: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South-Africa
Mobile: +27 83-627-0102 Email: email@example.com
121 Fleming Road Cnr. Koornhof Meadowdale Germiston.
Call us on 010 010 6800.
Edenvale: 010 010 6800
JHB: 010 597 6650
List of glass suppliers in south africa
Tel: 011-465-8224 / 011-781-3909
1 Pieter Wenning Street, Witkoppen (Next to Indaba Hotel)
336 Shaft Street Cnr Main Reef Road, Stormill Extension 2,
+27114736700 (TEMP) 010 442 0608
Set Up a Base
You can run an auto glass installation business from home if you have a garage that’s large enough to carry out repairs and store supplies and equipment. If you don’t have space at home, rent a garage or workshop. You may choose to operate a mobile service, carrying out repairs at customers’ homes or on the road. Although you can keep some equipment and supplies in a van, you may still need a garage to store large supplies. If you have trade customers, such as service stations, fleet operators or body shops, you can carry out repairs on their premises, but you’ll need a van to transport the supplies and equipment.
Making a Plan
You need a business plan in order to make your business idea a reality. How to write a business plan
How to fund your business?
You can finance your business by any or all of the following ways:
- Fund your startup yourself.
- Pitch your needs to friends and family.
- Applying for a Business loan
- Finding your business through crowdfunding
- Apply to local angel investor
Register Your Business Name
Your business name plays a role in almost every aspect of your business, so you want it to be a good one. Once you have chosen a name for your business, you need to register it. Click here for a step by step guide on how to register your business
Insuring your business
From the day an entrepreneur starts a business, he exposes himself to certain risks, find out how you can insure your business.
You can also buy a franchise opportunities
Log in or Register to save this content for later.