The logistics and transportation industry is highly competitive and has great potential for professional truck drivers that understand the trade.
What are the ongoing costs involved in a trucking business in South Africa?
Besides capital outlay for equipment and vehicles, other expenses have to be considered are:
- Garage or other facilities for vehicles stored at business premises
- Advertising and marketing
- Routine servicing and maintenance of vehicles
- Fuel costs
- Traffic fines
- Parking costs incurred for business use
- Toll charges incurred for business use
What type of insurance is needed for a transport and logistics company?
- Drivers’ liability
- Comprehensive insurance
How to start?
Step 1: Write a business plan click here