What is rubberising?
Rubberising is a virtually indestructible polyurethane coating sprayed onto a surface under high pressure, which forms a protective barrier on the surface.
Advantages of rubberising :
All-weather capability: Aside from protecting the surface of a vehicle, rubberising the bed of a bakkie also makes it rust- and corrosion-resistant.
Chemical-proof: No matter how carefully you drive, if you move chemicals there is always the potential of spillage along the way. Rubberising protects a bakkie against all non-oxidising chemicals you may transport.
Protection against sun exposure: The South African climate is harsh on the bodywork of our vehicles. Continual exposure to the severe rays of the African sun can seriously limit the lifespan of your bakkie if you don’t take proper precautions
Starting a rubberising business
Tools you will need to start this business
- spray tool gun: You can buy this from builders click here for prices
- compressor: You can also buy this from builders click here for prices
- polyurethane rubber chemical: you can buy it from urethanes click here for prices
other items needs rubberising
Other items that are rubberised include: trailers, floors and boats and It can also be used on roofs, where it is used for waterproofing the roof.
You can finance your business by any or all of the following ways:
- Fund your startup yourself.
- Pitch your needs to friends and family.
- Applying for a Business loan
- Finding your business through crowdfunding
- Apply to local angel investor