How to fund your baking business in south africa?
You can finance your baking business by any or all of the following ways:
- Fund your startup yourself.
- Pitch your needs to friends and family.
- Applying for a Business loan
- Finding your business through crowdfunding
- Apply to local angel investor
No business can sell prepared food to the public until they have a health certificate. During a health inspection the council will check:
- Sinks and tables in the food preparation area (these should preferably be of stainless steel, which is easy to clean and does not harbour dirt and bacteria)
- Ceilings, walls and floors (for cracks where bacteria might breed)
- Ventilation and lighting (to avoid damp and dark)
- Storage facilities like fridges and deep freezers (to ensure everything operates at the right temperatures – bacteria thrives between seven and 65 degrees)
- Clothing and equipment (such as headgear, overalls and gloves) to be worn by staff who prepare or handle food.