- A good manual cement brick/block-making machine.
- A 65 litre builder’s wheelbarrow.
- A spade.
- A sieve (this can be a strong piece of galvanised wire mesh with holes about 5mm square so the tip of your little finger can go through).
- A strong water bucket.
- Plaster sheets (such as clean dpc sheets).
What Materials Do I Need?
- PPC SUREBUILD Cement 42,5 N is ideal for small scale cement brick/block manufacture. PPC SUREBUILD 42,5 N complies with SANS 50197-1. PPC SUREBUILD Cement 42,5 N with extra strength makes more concrete than regular general purpose cements.
- Clean river sand.
- Clean water – if you can drink it, it is suitable for brick/block making.
What Mix Proportions Should I Use?
When making cement bricks , begin by determining what mix to use:
- Start by using Mix 2 (see image below).
- After 7 days test for strength.
- If greater strength is required, use Mix 1.
How Do I Mix Brick/Block Making Materials?
- Sieve out lumps, stones, twigs or foreign objects from the sand.
- Working with full wheelbarrows level to the top edges, lay the sand in a long, thin heap on a flat, clean, hard surface such as a metal sheet or a concrete slab.
3. Next add PPC SUREBUILD Cement 42,5 N with extra strength to the sand in the correct proportion (2 bags PPC SUREBUILD 42,5 N to every 8 or 10 wheelbarrows of sand, depending on the desired strength of the cement bricks ).
4. Mix PPC SUREBUILD Cement 42,5 N and sand together until uniform in colour.
5. Create a hollow in the centre and slowly add clean water while mixing.
To ensure the strongest cement bricks /blocks, you need to use a power-packed cement like PPC SUREBUILD 42,5 Nin the brick making process . This PPC Cement product has extra strength and yields more cement bricks than regular class 32,5 general purpose cements. With it you will achieve more for less!*
From the day an entrepreneur starts a business, he exposes himself to certain risks. Even before the first employee is hired, a business is at risk, making it important to have the right insurance in place.