Before you start trying to tick every marketing box possible you need to take the time to understand which advertising idea are going to give you the fastest and best return on investment.
Consider the following points before you decide which advertising opportunities will work best for your business:
- Objectives. Your marketing needs to match your objectives so refer back to your marketing plan to remind yourself what these are. Do you want to build strong relationships with clients, do you want to increase your sales by a large percentage in the next 6 months or do you want to establish your brand as an expert in your industry?
- Product. The type of product or service that you will be marketing will also play a role in how and when you should market it to potential customers. When would your users be in the best frame of mind to receive information on your offering?
- Time. You need to ask yourself how much time you have available to spend on your marketing efforts as this too will contribute to the marketing ideas that you decide on. Some platforms such as social media require daily monitoring and activity while getting someone to hand out brochures is a whole other ball game.
- Competition. Where are your competitors currently advertising? If you’re looking at the same marketing platforms that they are currently present on then ask yourself how you can be better. Otherwise, take the time to consider options that they might not have considered yet.
List of advertising ideas for your Business:
Below you will find a list of marketing ideas that you can use to promote your business
Consider getting a website. A website allows you to supply information about your business to your customers 24/7 – and even supply your product 24/7 – depending on the type of business you run.
2. free, no obligation consultation
Offer a free, no obligation consultation to people you think could use your services. During such consultations offer some practical suggestions or ideas–and before you leave ask for an “order” to implement the ideas.
3. Use Google Business
Google business is a way of verifying on Google maps where your business physically is. These include more chances to appear within Google local searchers, the opportunity to connect your Google+ profile to your Google+ Local listing, and the opportunity to gain reviews from your customers that will then show up as star ratings in your search results. google places click here
On Facebook, You can tie in ads and offers on your Facebook page and have a direct channel with your customers.
4.2 Join Facebook groups
By joining the relevant groups on Facebook, you can see what the needs of your demographic are and what they’re currently talking about. This can give you the opportunity to tailor your proposition to meet their needs exactly, and also align your business with the topics and trends that are relevant to and of interest to them. If your local area does not have a Facebook group, you can start your own. You could choose to make this group accessible only to the small business community, or you can invite everyone in your town that you know. By starting a group, you can not only create relationships but also learn from your audience and even your competition.
5. Collect emails in house
If you have just supplied your services or product to a customer in your store or office, ask for their email address. If you have a satisfied customer, they may be willing to hear about special offers from you in the future.
Run an advice column focused on the product or service that you provide, or the industry in which you operate. This is a win – win situation, as it can not only help to draw more readers to the paper, but also bolster your business’s credibility and expertise. Getting involved with your local newspaper gives you the chance to reach out to the readers the paper already has.
7. Promote via your vehicle
If you have a vehicle, you can use it to support your business – if you can get stickers placed on the cars and vans, then great – but, if you’re looking for a free option, you can always create handmade posters to stick in the windows of yours and your loved one’s methods of transport.
Log in or Register to save this content for later.